So you’re slowly inching in towards your goals.. Then what?
Oh yeah, the reward – It’s important to reward yourself for your accomplishments during your fitness journey.
Reward yourself for the behavioral changes as well as physical.
After all the key to maintain the habit depends on the lifestyle changes you’ve made along the way.
Your rewards need to be non-food rewards.
The purpose of rewarding yourself is to strengthen your resolve to have that fitness lifestyle and maintain it.
Rewarding yourself increases your awareness of all that you have accomplished.
These are some of the list that I happen to stumble upon in my readings:
1. Begin a “Success Savings” Put PHP 100 (or any amount you think is doable) in it for every week you’ve achieved your goal. Put PHP10 or PHP50 in it for every pound you’ve lost .
You decide the amount of money you’ll give for the desired action. Such as for sticking to your plan. Not pigging out when you were depressed. For each pound lost. For each day or week you stick to your meal plan.
2. Buy or make a special piece of jewelry – be it a bracelet, necklace, earrings or rings. Every time you wear it, you’ll be reminded of your successes.
3. Begin a collection – be it stamps, mugs, dolls, action figures, memorabilia etc. Each time you achieve a goal, allow yourself to buy another item for your collection.
4. Get a massage. It’s relaxing and will reenergize you from the inside out. A little pampering can go a long way.
5. Get your hair done, either a dye, cut or do. Try something daring. Have fun and experiment with your new look. Get a makeover with a professional. And when you’re all made up you may as well get a glamour shot. When you look good on the outside – you feel good on the inside.
7. Pamper yourself with a manicure and pedicure. Try a sparkling new color.
8. Have a night out at the movies with a friend you haven’t seen for a while. Skip the popcorn.
9. Enjoy a leisurely morning at the park. Breathe and take in the fresh air. Spend time with your kids, watch them play.. Get in tune with the simpler things in life.
10. Buy yourself a new outfit to show off your new body.
11. Redecorate a room in your house. Let your creativity flow. Let the room capture the real you. Don’t be afraid to go a little wild.
12. Do something daring … Something you’ve always wanted to try. Go cliff diving, bungee jumping, hang-gliding, parachuting, white river rafting etc. get a new tattoo (or piercing). Something that’s uniquely you.
13. Buy a new book and schedule uninterrupted time to read it.
14. Give to you favorite charity. It always feels rewarding to share what we have.
15. Fun in the Sun. Plan a trip to Boracay, Coron or Bohol and show off what you have worked for upon achievement of your goals!
These are just some ideas to help you spark you imagination — I’m sure you could come up with hundreds of ways you can reward yourself.
After-all you know yourself best.
Your weightloss journey is your personal experience.
It’s about you, every challenge you have overcome and every little goal that you have achieved.